Editorial System is an online submission and review system. Authors must submit their manuscripts and track their progress through the system. In order to access the Editorial System, please submit your manuscript at https://www.editorialsystem.com/appd
Open Access Publication Fee since January 2020
All articles published in Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica – Drug Research (ISSN ) are published in full open access. In order to provide free access to readers, and to cover the costs of peer review, copyediting, typesetting, long-term archiving, and journal management, an article processing charge (APC) of 2000 PLN (Polish Zloty) + 8% VAT or 520 EUR (EUROS) applies to papers accepted after peer review.
We accept payments in Polish Zloty (PLN) and Euros (EUR), US Dollars (USD). Upon acceptance, the corresponding author will receive an e-mail with a link where the currency of the invoice can be changed.
Accepted Methods of Payment
Polish Pharmaceutical Society currently supports the following payment methods:
- Bank Transfer in Polish Zloty (PLN) for Polish authors (2000 PLN + 8% VAT)
- Bank Transfer in Euros (EUR) for Foreign authors (520 EUR)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Submission of manuscripts
All manuscripts should be submitted exclusively online at https://www.editorialsystem.com/appdr/
Submissions of hardcopy manuscripts or by e-mail will not be accepted.
In addition to the Guidelines, authors are urged to follow these formats when preparing a manuscript. Commonly used file formats (DOC, DOCX, RTF) should be used for preparation of the manuscripts. PDF files are not accepted. The manuscript has to be accompanied by a cover letter, in which the authors briefly explain the significance of their findings and the interest to the readership of Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica – Drug Research. The manuscript (main text, including tables) should be submitted as one file. All figures should be submitted separately. Only manuscripts of highest scientific quality/novelty, concisely written and complying with these Instructions for Authors can be considered for publication. All contributions are peer-reviewed by independent referees. Submission of a manuscript to Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica – Drug Research implies that it represents review/original research not previously published and that it is not being considered for publication elsewhere. The corresponding author must declare that the manuscript is submitted on behalf of all authors. Copyright belongs to the publisher upon acceptance of the manuscript.
All manuscripts will be checked using the industry standard iThenticate software (CrossCheck). You will receive an annotated report, including advice on parts of the manuscript that should be changed. If there are issues that need to be addressed, authors will be able to revise and resubmit your manuscript before the peer-review process.
Scope of the Journal
Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica – Drug Research
Journal of Polish Pharmaceutical Society is published in 6 issues a year. The following areas of pharmaceutical sciences are covered: Analysis, Biopharmacy, Drug Biochemistry, Drug Synthesis, Natural Drugs, Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmacology, and General. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica – Drug Research publishes Reviews, Original Research Article as well as Short Communications are also accepted.
Preparation of the manuscript
Articles should be written in English, double-spaced. Full name (first, middle initial, last) and address of authors should follow the title written in CAPITAL LETTERS. The abstract should be followed by keywords. We suggest the following structure of paper: l) Introduction, 2) Experimental, 3) Results, 4) Discussion and Conclusion, 5) References. Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica does not accept files as a supplementary material.
Instructions for citation of references in the journal:
1. In the text, sequential numbers of citations should be in order of appearance (not alphabetically) in parentheses (...) not in brackets […].
2. In the list of references, for papers the correct order is: number of reference with dot, family name and initial(s) of author(s), colon, proper abbreviation(s) for journal (Pubmed, Web of Science, no dot neither coma after one word journal name), number of volume, number of issue (if necessary) in parentheses. first page or number of the paper, year of publication (in parentheses), dot. For books: number of reference with dot, family name and initial(s) of author(s), colon, title of chapter and/or book names and initials of editors (if any), edition number, page(s) of corresponding information (if necessary), publisher name, place and year of publication.
- Gadzikowska M., Grynkiewicz G.: Acta Pol. Pharm. 59, 149 (2002).
- Gilbert A.M., Stack G.P., Nilakantan R., Kodah J., Tran M. et al.: Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 14, 515 (2004).
- Roberts S.M.: Molecular Recognition: Chemical and Biochemical Problems, Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge 1989.
- Salem I.I.: Clarithromycin, in Analytical Profiles of Drug Substances And Excipients. Brittain H.G. Ed., pp. 45-85, Academic Press, San Diego 1996.
- Homan R.W., Rosenberg H.C.: The Treatment of Epilepsy, Principles and Practices. p. 932, Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia 1993.
- Balderssarini R.J.: in The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 8th ed., Goodman L., Gilman A., Rall T.W., Nies A.S., Taylor P. Eds., Vol 1, p. 383, Pergamon Press, Maxwell Macmillan Publishing Corporation, New York 1985.
- International Conference on Harmonization Guidelines, Validation of analytical procedures, Proceeding of the International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH), Commission of the European Communities, Geneva 1996.
- http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ms/ (accessed on 03.10.2017).
Chemical nomenclature should follow the rules established by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, the International Union of Biochemistry and Chemical Abstracts Service. Chemical names of drugs are preferred. If generic name is employed, its chemical name or structural formula should be given at point of first citation. Articles should be written in the Past Tense and Impersonal style. I, we, me, us etc. are to be avoided, except in the Acknowledgment section. Editor reserves the right to make any necessary corrections to a paper prior to publication.
Each table, figure or scheme should be on a separate page together with the relevant legend and any explanatory notes. Tables ideally should not have more than 70, and certainly not more than 140,
characters to the line (counting spaces between columns 4 characters) unless absolutely unavoidable. Good quality line drawings using black ink on plain A4 paper or A4 tracing paper should be submitted with all lettering etc., included. Good black and white photographs are also acceptable. Captions for illustrations should be collected together and presented on a separate
sheet. All tables and illustrations should be specially referred to in the text.
The same general rules apply like for regular articles, except that an abstract is not required, and the number of figures and/or tables should not be more than two in total. The Editors reserve the right to publish (upon agreement of Author(s) as a Short Communication a paper originally submitted as a full-length research paper).
General Information on Article Processing Charges (APC)
Since January 2020 there is a publication fee for papers received and accepted for publication in the Acta Poloniae Pharmaceutica - Drug Research. The fee is 2000 PLN + 8% VAT for Polish authors and 520 € for foreign authors. Publication fees are payable upon article acceptance. Fees are subject to change and charged at the applicable rates effective on your submission date.
Articles accepted in principle will not be published without payment fee.
We would like to inform that your paper will be published after receiving publishing fee and the publishing agreement. In order to receive the invoice, please complete the form including data for invoicing, which is available in the payment bookmark in the Editorial System. Failure to complete this form means that you choose not to obtain the invoice.